Irish Coffee Affogato
I like to have my glasses in the freezer 20 minutes before serving to chill them and ensure the ice-cream doesn’t melt too quickly. For a rounder flavour use Irish cream liqueur instead of the whiskey!
- 8 scoops Vanilla ice cream
- 4 shots Irish whiskey
- 4 long coffee warm and more if needed
- 4 tbsp cream lightly whipped
- 1 tsp Cocoa powder – optional
- prepare the ice-cream scoops on a small tray and store back in the freezer ready to be transferred into the glasses.
- place the glasses in the fridge to have them cooled for 15 minutes. Once the glasses are cooled enough, remove and add the ice cream.
- Drizzle over in each glasses a generous shot of Irish whiskey.
- Pour then the warm coffee and spoon over some lightly whipped cream.
- Dust with cocoa powder if desired
- Enjoy immediately!