The tastiest Summer ham and cheese Potato Salad
sunny days = potato salad! this is a lovely light salad that brings summer. If making it for vegetarians, you can remove the ham and add some grilled red peppers, peas etc..
- 1 kg baby potato
- 200 g smoked ham diced
- 150 g Emmenthal or cheddar, diced
- 3 tbsp crème fraiche
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic cloves finely chopped – optional
- ½ lemon juice
- 2 tbsp chives sliced
- 2 Cos lettuce chopped or kept whole
- 100 g radishes halved
- Salt and black pepper
- In a large saucepan, place the potato and fill with salted water. place over high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 20-25 minutes until the potatoes are fully cooked. Remove from the heat and drain, then set aside. Once cool enough, slice the potatoes into bite sizes.
- In a bowl, combine the ham and cheese cubes with the crème fraiche, oil, mustard, garlic clove if using, lemon juice and seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Stir to combine and add the sliced potatoes.
- Add in the chives and check the seasoning again.
- Serve on a bed of salad leaves and top with halved radishes and extra chives.
- Enjoy rapidly.
Tip; for a family-style dressing, chop the salad leaves and radishes and stir into the potato mixture just before serving. The salad leaves will retain their crunch for about an hour or so before starting to wilt a little from the acidity in the rest of the salad.