Grilled Striploin of Beef, anchovy and Rosemary Butter
- 100 g Butter soften
- 1 tbsp anchovy puree
- 2 sprigs rosemary chopped
- 1 lemon juice and zest
- 4 striploin beef 200g each
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil optional
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- Salt & Pepper
- Prepare the butter. In a small bowl, combine the butter, the anchovy, rosemary, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Stir until smooth . keep aside until needed.
- Brush the steaks with a little oil on both sides and season with some salt and pepper. Heat a griddle pan over a high heat. Once it reaches the smoking point, add the steaks, do not move for at least 2 minutes. Turn the steaks over and cook for a further 3 minutes for rare. Turn the heat of and add half of the butter in the pan. Let the butter melt and using a spoon baste the steak with the butter to coat all the flavour over the meat. Leave aside for a minute or so to rest.
- In the meantime, toast the bread slices. And place on each serving plates.
- Once the steaks have settled, carve and place over each toasted bread pieces. Spoon extra foaming butter over the steaks to bring extra flavour and serve immediately with a side of salad.
if you are not a fan of anchovy, you can replace the anchovies with garlic for the more traditional, garlic and rosemary butter. it will be equally delicious.