Slow Cooker Chilli Con Carne
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 350 g minced beef
- 1 onions finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 carott chopped
- 1 red or green pepper chopped
- 1 chilli sliced
- 1 tsp chilli spice mix
- 1 tbsp dried herbs chopped
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes (400ml), or use more stock
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 250 ml vegetable stock
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tin black or red kidney beans (400g)
- Over high heat, in a large sauté pan, drizzle the oil and add the minced beef. Sear and brown for 4-5 minutes stirring to break large lumps of beef. season with salt and pepper. Remove from the heat and transfer to the slow cooker.
- In the slow cooker bowl, Add the onion, garlic, carrot, red or green pepper, chilli, spices, dried herbs, chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, stock and beans. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir to combine, cover with the lid and cook on high for 2-3 hours or low for 6-7 hours.
- Check the seasoning and serve with rice or your favourite side.
- Cool and store in container. When cold, portion into containers, label and store in the fridge for 2 days or in the freezer for later use.
Quick tip, use SuperValu chilli sauce jars to fast-forward the preparation it already has the sauce and beans. You will then only need to add the minced beef and a few extra vegetables!