Simple brown sugar Sponge Cake
a delicious light sponge to enjoy on the day. if you are worried of folding, add 1/4 tsp of baking powder with the flour when folding to give a little help in the oven and keep the spring of the cake.
- 120 g brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 120 g plain flour
- 200 g raspberry
- 110 ml whipped cream
- 200 g caramel sauce
- Icing Sugar to dust
- Preheat the oven to 160C/325F.
- Grease 1 x 20cm deep cake tin or 2 x 20cm sandwich tins and line the bottom of the tins with a round of baking paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs with the sugar until creamy and fluffy.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour.
- Transfer into the tin or evenly to the two prepared sandwich tins.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes ( 20-25 minutes for the sandwich tins) or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Remove from the oven and transfer to a wire rack. Allow to cool.
- sprinkle some icing sugar and serve immediately with the caramel sauce, whipped cream and a few raspberries.