Get all the recipes from Supervalu Autumn Real Food Magazine here https://supervalu.ie/brochure/real-food-autumn-magazine/mobile/index.html
Air fryer Chicken and rice casserole
A delicious casserole recipe prepared in no time in your air fryer from the real food SuperValu magazine! Ideal mid-week meal for the family. check more recipes here www.supervalu.ie/brochure/real-food-autumn-magazine/mobile/index.html If your air fryer comes only with a basket, use a fitting cake tin or ceramic dish ! the recipe timing will vary, the first time keep an eye on the rice as it might take up to 30-35 minutes for a plump rice!Add some diced butternut squash for a delicious add-on of textures and flavours.
- 1 Air Fryer
- 200 g SuperValu basmati rice
- 40 g SuperValu butter
- 1 SuperValu red onion diced
- 2 SuperValu garlic cloves slices, optional
- 1/2 SuperValu lemon sliced
- 2 SuperValu green chillies chopped
- 200 g SuperValu feta cheese cubed
- 300 ml vegetables or chicken stock warmed
- 100 ml SuperValu cream
- 2-4 SuperValu chicken breasts skin on depending on size
- 2 tsp SuperValu wholegrain mustard
- 2 SuperValu spring onions trimmed, finely sliced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the air fryer to 180C.
- In the bowl of the air fryer ( if your air fryer has only a basket, use a cake tin or a ceramic oven dish.), place the rice in the air fryer bowl and add the butter, red onion, garlic, lemon slices, and green chillies. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in the stock and then add in the cream and feta pieces.
- Brush some mustard on the chicken. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and carefully place over the rice mixture.
- Cover loosely with a layer of tin foil and a rack of the air fryer to ensure the foil does not lift up into the fan when cooking.
- Close the lid over the air fryer and cook for 20-30 minutes, Check if the chicken is fully cooked and the rice is plump. if not, cook a further 5-10 minutes until the rice is cooked if needed.
- then remove the rack and the foil and air fryer for 5 minutes more to allow the chicken and the top of the rice to crisp up slightly.
- Remove the bowl from the air fryer, sprinkle the scallions and fresh parsley, and serve immediately while piping hot.
check more recipes from the Supervalu real food magazine by clicking here! http://www.supervalu.ie/brochure/real-food-autumn-magazine/mobile/index.html