White Chocolate Frosting Cupcakes
- 165 g white chocolate chopped
- 375 ml cream (120+ 255ml)
- ½ orange zest
- 12 cupcakes
- Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl, set over a small saucepan of simmering water, making sure the bottom of the bowl does not touch the water.
- Place 120ml of the cream in a second small saucepan and bring to the boil. Remove from the heat. Stir in the white chocolate and stir until smooth.
- In a bowl, pour the rest of the cold cream and add the white chocolate mixture. Stir to combine until smooth and stir thoroughly. Cover with clingfilm and place in the refrigerator for 3 hours.
- Once ready, add some orange zest to the mixture and whisk until smooth and whipped up.
- Place in a piping bag fitted with a star-shaped nozzle and pipe in spirals on top of the cupcakes.
To make dark chocolate version, use 90g dark chocolate and 300ml cream.