Vanilla and chocolate eggs Cheesecake
- 200 g Digestive Biscuits
- 110 g butter melted
- 1 leave gelatine optional
- 50 g icing sugar
- 1 egg yolk or the whole egg if you forgot like Kevin did!
- 2 tsp vanilla bean paste or extract
- 350 g Cream Cheese
- 200 ml cream-lightly whipped
- 3 chocolate flakes or grated chocolate
- 100 g chocolate eggs crushed plus extra to decorate
- Line an 8” cake tin with parchment paper.
- Break the biscuits in a glass bowl and add the chocolate chips. Pour in the melted butter and toss to coat the biscuits crumb. Press the mixture into an 8” cake tin ensuring the crumb covers the base of the tin. Place in the fridge for 15 minutes to set.
- Place the gelatine leaves in a bowl with cold water for approximately 10 minutes to bloom.
- In the meantime, beat the egg yolk and sugar and vanilla extract together in a bowl. Add in cream cheese and mix again until soft and creamy. Next add the cream. Again, combine thoroughly.
- Strain the gelatine and place in a small saucepan over low heat with 2 tablespoons of water. Gently warm up for 10-15 seconds until the gelatine dissolve. Remove from the heat and pour the gelatine mixture in the cream cheese mixture. mix well.
- Stir in the chocolate flakes and crushed chocolate eggs.
- Spread the mixture over the biscuit base. Place in a refrigerator to set for approximately 2 hours or overnight.
- Before serving, remove the cheesecake from the cake tin and discard the parchment paper.
- Place the cheesecake on a cake stand and decorate with extra chocolate eggs.
the gelatine is optional, if you don’t want to add the gelatine, leave the cheesecake overnight to settle.