The tastiest Pasta Salad
this is a lovely light salad that tastes of summer. If making it for vegetarians, you can remove the bacon and add some courgette, peas etc..
- 400 g farfalle pasta
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 100 g bacon diced
- 1 red pepper sliced
- 1 red onion sliced
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 2 tsp white vine vinegar
- Salt and black pepper
- 3 eggs hard boiled, quartered
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil, and cook the pasta until al dente. Drain and rinse under cold running water, then set aside.
- In a sauté pan, over medium heat, drizzle some oil and add the bacon, red papper, onions and sear for 3-4 minutes until coloured and the bacon cooked through.
- Remove from the heat and add to the pasta.
- In the meantime, slice the cucumber, spring onions, and quartered boiled eggs. Toss them in the bowl with the cold pasta.
- Next, prepare the dressing. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustard. Garlic, vinegar and season well with salt and pepper. It should be a sharp dressing!
- Drizzle the dressing over the pasta and stir to combine and coat the dressing over the pasta.
- Check the seasoning and cover with cling film until needed.