Thai beef and noodle curry
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 200 g striploin thinly sliced
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 red pepper sliced
- 1 carrot sliced
- 1 garlic clove sliced
- 1 cm fresh ginger chopped
- 2 tsp red curry paste or other paste. we used Thai Gold brand.
- ½ lime juice
- 200 g Udon noodles or other
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves chopped
- Cook the Udon noodles in a saucepan of simmering salted water and keep aside until needed.
- Preheat a saucepan over medium high heat.
- Drizzle some oil and add the beef. Cook for 2 minutes until coloured. Add the chopped and sliced vegetables except the lime.
- Stir fry for 2-3 minutes over high heat, stirring once or twice to ensure all the vegetables are stir-frying.
- Add the curry paste and again toss to coat all the vegetables.
- Add the tin of coconut milk and place a lid over the pan. Cook for a further 5 minutes until the vegetables starts to just soften.
- Turn off the heat and add the Udon noodles. Stir to coat the noodles in the sauce and serve immediately with a squeeze of lime and a sprinkle of coriander leaves.