Sundried cherry Tomatoes
The type of tomatoes will affect the cooking time, the larger and juicier the tomatoes are, the longer they will take to concentrate the flavour.
- 500 g cherry tomatoes sliced or kept whole
- 6 sprigs rosemary
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 4 cloves garlic crushed
- 100 ml olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Place the sliced tomatoes in an even layer on a roasting tray.
- Add the garlic cloves, rosemary, thyme. Drizzle with some olive oil and season well with salt. It will help give extra fragrance to the tomatoes.
- Cook at 80-to120˚C depending on the time available 3-5 hours or until desired concentration / dehydratation is reached.
- Turn off the oven and let the tomatoes cool in the oven.
- Place the cooled tomatoes in a jar and cover with oil.
- Transfer in the fridge and store for a month or so maximum.
- Use them , crushed over a slice of bread and goat cheese, in a pasta dish …