Sticky Guinness Bacon Ribs
- 2 sheets bacon ribs cut into 2 pieces
- 1 onion halved
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 sprig thyme
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1 tsp mustard grain optional
- 100 ml treacle 50ml +50ml
- 2 tbsp honey
- 500 ml Guinness
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp Worcester sauce
- 3 tbsp parsley chopped, to serve
- Place the bacon sheet pieces on a large saucepan. Add the onion, garlic, herbs, mustard grain, half of the treacle, half of the Guinness and cover with water.
- Cover with a lid and bring to the boil.
- Simmer over medium/ low heat for 45-50 minutes until the bacon ribs are softened.
- In the meantime, prepare the glaze. In a saucepan, combine the honey, the rest of the treacle, the rest of the Guinness, vinegar, Worcester sauce, stirring until combined. Bring to the boil and simmer for 5-8 minutes until the mixture reduced by half or so. Keep aside until needed.
- Once the ribs are cooked, Preheat the oven to 220˚C or grilling setting.
- Place the cooked ribs on a roasting tray and brush or spoon with the glaze. Place in the oven and cook for 5 minutes. Brush again with more glaze and place one more time in the oven to caramelise.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately.
a few tricks to help the ribs been tastier are to soak the bacon rib in water for 30 minutes prior cooking to help remove extra saltiness of the ribs. To remove the lining under the ribs, wait until they are boiled, it will be very easy then by just scraping with the back of a small knife or spoon.