Rich Dark Chocolate mousse
this chocolate mousse is so rich in flavour, I would serve a small quantity after a dinner as a dessert with biscuits such as Bischoff or maybe Oreo to bring a little of crunch! plan this recipe for 4 if you love chocolate or as a treat during the day!
- 100 g dark chocolate chopped
- 40 g butter I used irish salted butter for its extra flavours
- 4 egg whites
- 2 egg yolk
- 50 g caster sugar ( 25+25)
- Place the chocolate and butter in a bowl, and set over a pan of simmering water – do not let the bottom of the bowl touch the water. Heat gently, stirring, until the chocolate and butter are melted. Remove from the heat and leave to cool slightly.
- In the meantime In a second bowl, beat the egg yolk and 25g of the caster sugar until light and fluffy.
- then, using an electric handheld food mixer, in a third bowl, whisk the egg white with 25g of caster sugar until a meringue texture.
- Combine the chocolate and butter with the egg yolk mixture and then one third of the whipped meringue at the time, carefully fold the remainder of the meringue into the chocolate to keep as much aeration as possible.
- Pour into 4 ramekins or a large serving dish.
- Place in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours or overnight. Serve at room temperature for best texture.