Spiced roasted chickpeas
Gluten and nut-free and a great alternative to peanuts!
- 1 tin chickpeas rinsed, drained and patted dry
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 tsp brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 220°C.
- Place the chickpeas on a parchment-lined baking tray. Roast in the oven for 5-7 minutes until dry.
- In the meantime, combine the olive oil, smoked paprika, chilli flakes, cumin, salt and brown sugar in a bowl. remove the chickpeas from the oven and place them in the bowl with the spices. Toss to coat the chickpeas thoroughly. Place back the coated chickpeas on the baking tray and continue roasting for 15 to 20-minutes until crunchy and golden.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool at room temperature. When cool, transfer in a jar and enjoy within a few days! Stored at room temperature.