Chickpea flour pizza
This dish is delicious served as a pizza base or savoury pancakes! Its base is a traditional bread called Socca from the south of France Makes 4 X 25-30cm pizza / pancakes
- 150 g chickpea flour
- 30 ml olive oil plus extra for cooking
- 450 ml water
- 1 tsp. vegetable bouillon powder
- salt and pepper
- 4 tbsp. tomato sauce
- 300 g cooked chicken shredded
- 1 red pepper sliced
- 4 spring onions chopped
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 300 g cheddar grated
- Heat the oven to 220 °C.
- Sift the chickpea flour, vegetable bouillon and salt into a large bowl. Add the oil and gradually whisk in the water; pass it through a fine sieve and keep aside until needed.
- In a second bowl, combine the cooked chicken with the sauce, red pepper, spring onion, tomato and cheddar.
- Warm a crepe pan over medium heat. Drizzle some olive oil, and pour about a quarter of the mix evenly on the pan.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes until bubbles are setting on the top. No need to flip the chickpea base. Transfer on a parchment-lined baking tray and repeat for the last 3 pizza bases.
- Divide the chicken mixture between the 4 bases and place for 5 minutes in the oven to warm up and melt.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately.