Chicken and Bean Chasseur Style
- oven-proof sauté pan
- 80 g breadcrumb
- 2 tbsp. fresh parsley chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 4 chicken breasts skin on
- 50 g butter
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 3 shallots or 1 onion, finely chopped
- 200 g button mushrooms sliced
- 1 tbsp brandy optional
- 150 ml dry white wine
- 200 ml strong chicken/vegetable stock warm
- 2 tsp tomato puree
- 2 to mato diced
- 1 tin cannellini beans drained
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/ 350˚F.
- In a bowl, combine the breadcrumb with the herbs and garlic. Season well and set aside.
- In an ovenproof sauté pan, over medium heat, drizzle some oil and sear the chicken breast skin-side down for 2 minutes or until the skin has browned. Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Turn the chicken breast skin side up and add the butter.
- Add the shallots and mushrooms and colour for 2 minutes.
- Carefully pour the brandy over the mushrooms and flambe until the flame dies down. Sprinkle the flour over the mushrooms and stir with a wooden spoon for a minute or two until browned.
- Deglaze with the wine, stirring to remove any lumps then add the stock, tomato puree, tomatoes, beans and stir to combine. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to the boil and just before placing in the oven sprinkle the breadcrumb mixture over.
- Roast in the oven for 15 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the breadcrumb is crispy.
- Serve immediately!
You can make this recipe using baby potatoes instead of beans.