Broccoli couscous & honey-harissa dressing
The halloumi can be replaced with small portions of animal proteins or some tofu for vegans or cashew cheese!
- 140 g couscous
- 300 g broccoli cut into florets
- 80 g baby spinach leaves
- 6 spring onions finely sliced
- 150 g cherry tomato quartered
- 3 tbsp parsley finely chopped
- 2 tbsp mint finely chopped
- 2 lemons juice and zest
- 2½ tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1½ tbsp harissa
- 1 tbsp clear honey
- 1 x 250g packs halloumi cheese cut into 1cm-thick slices
- 2 tbsp mixed seeds
- Place the couscous into a bowl and cover with boiling water. Cover with cling film and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Place the broccoli in a food processor and pulse to create a broccoli rice texture.
- In a large bowl, combine the broccoli, spinach leaves, spring onions, tomatoes, herbs, lemon zest and ½ of the juice and 2 tbsp oil. Add the plumped couscous and combine well. Season and mix well.
- In a separate small bowl, combine the harissa, honey, remaining lemon juice and oil, and some seasoning.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan and cook the halloumi or tofu for 1-2 minutes on each side until golden. Divide the couscous between the plates, top with the halloumi slices and dressing, then scatter over the mixed seeds.