Turkey and mash potato Pie
The perfect way to use leftovers, instead of a mash potatoes use pastry topping for a one pot supper, delicious!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 30 g Butter
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 1 leek chopped
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 100 g Mushrooms sliced
- 2 thyme sprigs
- 2 tbsp. plain flour
- 50 ml white wine
- 250 ml chicken stock
- 250 ml Cream
- 800 g leftover Turkey cut into chunks,
- 1 tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley
- 300 g left over mash potatoes
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C.
- Melt the butter with the olive oil in a saucepan, add the chopped onion, leek, garlic, mushroom and thyme, season with salt and pepper and cook over medium – high heat for 2 -3 minutes until lightly coloured. add in the flour and cook for a minute to coat the vegetables. Pour the white wine, cream and stock and bring to the boil. Add the turkey pieces and reduce to medium/ low heat and leave to simmer gently for several minutes until it starts to thicken. Remove from the heat and check the seasoning.
- Pour into 2 oven dishes.
- Cover with the leftover mash potato, and cover with parchment paper and cling film.
- Place the first pie in the oven and bake for 20 minutes. Serve while piping hot.