Tastiest Chicken and Bacon Salad
We used Ballyhubbock farm Halloumi, it is a sheep milk cheese made in County Wicklow with an amazing texture. Ideal for this salad.
- 4 Bacon rashers
- 2 chicken filets butterflied
- 200 g halloumi we used Ballyhubbock farm
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 50 g Parmesan shavings
- 4 tbsp mustard and honey dressing or other
- 50 g Croutons Toasted
- 2 cos Lettuce
- Salt & Pepper to season
- Heat a non stick grill or frying pan, over a medium heat, and fry the bacon until crisp. Transfer to a paper towel to absorb any excess grease, allow to cool before breaking into shards.
- Add in the same pan, still over medium heat the butterflied chicken breasts. Season with salt and pepper and sear the meat for 3-4 minutes on each sides or until fully cooked.
- Once the chicken is nearly cooked, add the sliced halloumi and let it colour on one side for an extra 2 minutes or so.
- In the meantime, place in a bowl the salad leaves with the chopped garlic, parmesan shavings, croutons, and mustard dressing. Toss to combine.
- Transfer the salad leaves to a serving plate. Halve the bacon pieces and slice the chicken.
- Scatter the bacon, chicken, and some grilled halloumi on the salad.
- Enjoy while warm