Swimming Butter biscuit Traybake
a tasty traybake of our scones!
- 50 g currant or sultanas
- 50 ml water
- 10 ml whisky
- 300 g plain flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 50 g caster sugar
- 400 ml buttermilk
- 150 g butter melted
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C.
- In a bowl, place the currants with the hot water and whiskey. Set aside to plump for a while.
- In the meantime, In a saucepan, melt the butter. remove from the heat and set aside.
- Next, in a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, caster sugar.
- Stir in the buttermilk and the currants with the liquid to create a sticky dough.
- Pour the butter in a ceramic dish and add the sticky dough swimming in the butter!
- Place the dish in the oven and bake for 30 -40 minutes until cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and serve warm with extra butter or fresh cream .