Simple Crepes with Lemon
This is a basic and simple French pancakes recipe that can be used for the adult version of crepe suzette with grand Marnier!
- 100 g plain flour
- 50 g sugar
- 2 eggs
- 220 ml milk
- 25 g salted butter melted - optional
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- to serve lemon, Caster sugar / honey or favourite topping
- Sift the flour into a bowl. Add the sugar and make a well in the centre. Add the eggs in the well and stir well with a whisk, to combine the eggs with the flour mixture. When the mixture starts to be too thick, slowly mix in the milk until all the flour is combined. Now, fold the butter. Pass through a fine sieve to remove any lumps. Let the batter rest, covered with cling film for at least an hour. When ready, heat a little of oil or butter, over a medium heat on a crêpe pan or non-stick pan. Ladle a little batter into the centre, tilting the pan so that the batter covers the surface thinly and evenly. Cook for 1-2 minutes until coloured on the edges then flip the crepes and cook for a further 30 seconds. Slide it out of the pan onto a warmed plate and keep warm as you make the rest.
- Serve warm with a drizzle of lemon juice and a sprinkling of caster sugar. Delicious on it’s own or layered by adding berries, cream or chocolate sauce.