Seafood Pasta Salad
a delious summery salad for a barbecue party or for a midweek lunch
- 300 g dry pasta
- 4 trout filet 125-150g each
- 100 g fresh mussel cleaned and trimmed
- 50 g butter
- 1 lemon juice
- 1 red onion chopped
- ½ red pepper chopped
- 50 g fresh Broad beans or peas pods
- 2 tbsp pesto
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp fresh coriander
- Salt and pepper
- Place a large saucepan of salted water to boil over medium/high heat. Add the pasta and cook as per pack instruction. Remove from the heat, drain and cool. Keep aside until needed.
- In a saucepan, over medium heat, drizzle the oil over the fish and place the fish in the pan. Season and cook for 2 minutes. Flip the fish and add the butter and mussels. Cook and baste the mussels and trout with the foaming butter for a further 2 minutes or until the mussels are fully opened. Add a squeeze of lemon juice and turn off the heat.
- In the meantime, in a bowl, combine the pasta with the red onion, pepper, broad beans, fresh coriander, pesto and a drizzle of olive oil. Toss to combine and check the seasoning.
- Break the fish into pieces and add the fish and mussels to the pasta bowl without the butter.
- Toss once more and serve immediately with some extra coriander leaves.