Sausage Meatballs Ragu
- 400 g sausage meat
- 2 onions chopped
- 3 scallions chopped
- 3 tbsp sage chopped
- 2 tbsp oil
- 3 smoked garlic chopped
- 2 to matoes chopped
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 1 tin chopped tomato
- Mash potatoes to serve
- Salt and pepper
- In a bowl, combine the sausage meat, half of the onion, scallions, and sage. Season with salt and pepper and form walnut size meat ball.
- Next, heat over medium heat a sauté pan with a drizzle of oil.
- Add the meatballs and sauté for 3-4 minutes until coloured.
- Add the onion, and sauté for a further minute.
- Toss in the tomatoes, tomato puree, chilli flakes and garlic and sauté for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and simmer with a lid on for a few minutes until the meatballs are cooked through. Check the seasoning.
- Remove from the heat and serve with a side of mash potatoes.