Roasted Butternut Squash & Bacon Soup
There’s nothing nicer than a bowl of comforting soup. If you prefer a creamier version add cream and butter! Some spice can be a good addition ie curry paste or chilli flakes!
- 1 butternut squash peeled and skin removed
- 2 onions chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- 5 sprig of thyme
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 100 g streaky bacon diced (We used cured pancetta sliced)
- 2 litres chicken stock warmed
- 30 g butter
- 3 tbsp parsley chopped
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Place the butternut squash dices with onion, garlic, onto a roasting tray. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast in the oven for 20-30 minutes until the butternut squash has coloured and cooked through.
- Then, in a saucepan, over medium heat, melt the butter and add the bacon. Sauté for 2-3 minutes until lightly coloured and add the roasted vegetables with all the cooking juices from the tray.
- Cover with the vegetable stock and simmer for a further 5 minutes or so.
- Remove from the heat and add the parsley.
- Using a hand blender, blend until smooth. Check the seasoning and stir in some extra butter if desired.
- Enjoy piping hot!