A recipe inspired by our guests in the cookery school Maureen and Veronica, using a gluten free porridge make this recipe ideal for coeliac diet.
- 200 g porridge oats ( GF if needed) plus extra to sprinkle
- 4 tbsp mixed seeds plus extra to sprinkle
- 40 g butter at room temperature
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tsp bread soda
- 1 tsp table salt
- 1 egg
- 250 ml natural yoghurt
- Preheat the oven to 160°C. Grease and line with parchment paper a 6 hole muffin tray .
- Place the porridge in a bowl, add the mixed seeds, sugar, bread soda and table salt and stir to combine.
- Next crumb in the butter and add the yoghurt, egg, and stir until well combined.
- Divide the mixture in 6 pieces. Roll each in extra porridge and mixed seeds.
- Place on the muffin tray and transfer in the oven.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until bake fully.
- Remove from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool.
- Enjoy warm during the days or toasted the next morning!