Pesto Pastry Baked Camembert
Prepare the night before so it only need to go in the oven when required! You can also enjoy it at room temperature! Enjoy it as a starter to nibble on before a barbecue
- 2 sheets puff pastry
- 3 tbsp. pesto
- 1 camembert
- 1 egg wash made with 1 egg yolk and 1 tbsp. milk
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C.
- Lay the pastry on a work surface.
- Spread the pesto on the outer pastry circle then add the second puff pastry sheet.
- Gently press a little to seal.
- cut 8 times the edge of the pastry from about 2 cm out of the camembert to the edge.
- Brush the pastry with egg wash.
- Place in the oven for 30-35 minutes until cooked through and oozing.
- Remove from the oven, transfer onto a serving dish. Serve hot and at room temperature with some salad leaves if desired.
- Perfect start to a barbecue!