Loaded Hasselback Potatoes
This is a hybrid between loaded potatoes and Hassel back potatoes, or I should say the perfect potato dinner!
- 4 rooster potatoes large
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 100 g streaky bacon slices
- 200 g mature cheddar cheese sliced or grated
- 2 tbsp. caramelised onion
- 200 g Tomatoes to serve
- 100 g salad leaves to serve
- 100 g crème fraiche
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 220ºC.
- Using 2 spatula as guide, Cut the potatoes into thin slices or in diamond shape without cutting all the way through them. The incisions should go about three-quarters of the way down.
- Place the potatoes in a roasting pan, drizzle with olive oil, add the rosemary and thyme and place the bacon in-between some slices. Add the cheese if desired or place the cheese just 15 minutes before serving the potatoes.
- Bake for 1 hour or so until cooked through. (Depending on the size of the potatoes it will take a longer or shorter time.)
- Once nearly baked, add the cheese or extra cheese in-between some of the opened baked potatoes slices.
- Place back in the oven and continue to bake for a further 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and crispy.
- In the meantime, on serving platter, divide the tomatoes, salad leaves.
- Once the potatoes are baked and ready to be served, sprinkle some caramelised onion over and serve with a dollop of crème fraiche and the side of tomato salad.
- Enjoy immediately.