Loaded Baked Potato Waffles
Try Baked Potato Waffles for a fun alternative to baked potatoes.
- 1 kg rooster potatoes baked and cooled slightly
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 50 g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Salt and pepper
- 100 g cheddar cheese grated
- 50 g unsalted butter melted
- 8 streaky bacon Cooked
- 4 tsp Crème fraiche
- 2 tbsp chives Chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C.
- Place the potatoes on a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil and season well and transfer to a preheated oven for 40-50 minutes until the potatoes are cooked through. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Once the baked potatoes are cool enough to handle, remove the skins then use a cheese grater (the larger holes work best) to coarsely grate the potatoes.
- In a large bowl, mix together the grated potatoes with the eggs, flour, baking powder, cheddar cheese and the melted butter. Stir to combine and season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Preheat the waffle maker, and brush the ridges with a little oil before adding the potato mixture oil. Gently add about 3-4 tbsp of the potato mixture to the waffle maker, then close and cook on high until the waffle is golden and crisp, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Transfer to a rack in the oven to keep warm. Repeat with the remaining potato mixture.
- Serve the waffles topped with cooked bacon, cheddar, herbs and an fried egg if desired!