Jamaican Curry Chicken
Jamaican curries are simple, easy to make and is very tasty. They always uses scotch bonnet chilli for good heat!
- 1 chicken broken into pieces
- 2 tbsp corn flour
- 1 onion Chopped
- 2 cm ginger freshly grated
- 5 allspice berry or 1 tsp mixed or pumpkin spices
- 1 scotch bonnet pepper chopped
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 2 tbsp Jamaican Curry powder
- Salt and pepper
- 3 Cloves garlic Crushed
- 2 carrots Chopped
- 1 marris piper potato Diced
- 3 tbsp oil
- 800 ml chicken stock
- In a bowl, place the chicken, corn flour, onion, garlic, scotch bonnet, allspice berries, ginger, herbs, and salt. Combine to coat and marinate for 20 minutes.
- Next, over high heat, in a large saucepan, drizzle some oil and add the marinated chicken and vegetables.
- Sear for 2-3 minutes until the chicken start to colour.
- Add in the carrots, potato, and stock. Stir to combine all the ingredient and top-up with extra stock or water if the chicken is not fully covered.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook for 30-40 minutes over low heat until the chicken is fully cooked, and the liquid has reduced enough into a coating curry sauce.