Honey glazed carrots with bacon and mustard
the bacon brings enough fat to replace the butter in the traditional version with the hint of mustard to bring a great kick of flavours . simple and delicious !
- 100 g bacon diced into ¼-inch pieces
- 6 carrots peeled and thinly sliced on a diagonal
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 150 ml vegetable stock or water
- 1 tbsp chives thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper
- In a wide saucepan, sauté the bacon over medium heat until just coloured.
- Add the carrots with the honey, mustard and enough stock or water to just cover the carrots. Season to taste.
- Cover with a cartouche or a lid and bring to the boil,
- then cook over a moderate to high heat for about 12-15 minutes until the carrots are tender and most of the liquid has evaporated, shaking the pan occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Remove from the heat and set aside to keep warm until needed.
- Just before serving, sprinkle the chives over the carrots, toss to coat.
- Serve immediately.