Honey Glazed steamed Carrots - Aga
You can add some balsamic vinegar with the honey to bring extra strength of flavour
- 450 g carrots diced into bite size
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 40 g butter divided
- 300 ml vegetable stock or water
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp parsley chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place the carrots in a single layer in a wide saucepan with, garlic clove, rosemary, enough stock or water to just cover the carrots and half of the butter. Season to taste.
- Place on the boiling stove and bring to the boil. Boil for 2 minutes then remove from the heat. Drain excess water and transfer, covered with a lid, into the simmering oven for 15-25 minutes until tender.
- Remove from the simmering oven and place back on the boiling stovetop. Add the honey, the rest of the butter and extra herbs. Shake the pan and coat all the carrots until glazed.
- keep aside warm until needed.
- Alternatively, set aside to cool and keep refrigerated for 2 days in a tight container.