Homemade Cinnamon Irish Cream Liqueur
A simple and tasty way to make your own version of this festive and popular beverage. Try to let it set for a day before using to let the flavours infuse into one.
- 200 ml cream
- 200 ml Irish Whiskey
- 400 ml Sweetened Condensed Milk (14 oz size or 1 tin)
- 50 ml strong espresso coffee or 1 tsp Instant Coffee dissolved in 2 Tbsp Water
- 1 tbsp WildAbout cinnamon syrup
- 50 g dark chocolate chopped
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract optional
- In a saucepan, bring to boil the cream for 1 minute or so to have the cream just boiled and cook.
- Remove from the heat and add the whiskey, condensed milk, the coffee, the cinnamon syrup, and the chocolate and the vanilla. Stir until fully combined.
- Pour the mixture into a bottle or a jar. Place in the fridge and keep refrigerated until needed.
- Serve over ice or combined with an Irish coffee, cheesecake…
- Best used within 4 weeks of making and kept refrigerated at all time.