Go-Chu-Jang Beef Burgers
GoChuJang is a Korean spicy red pepper paste which will enhance your burgers with great flavour!
- 2 Ramiro red pepper halved
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Gochujang Paste
- 4 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 4 Beef Burger
- 4 burger buns
- 40 g salad Leaves
- 4 Slices red cheddar or other
- 2 Tomatoes sliced
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the ninja woodfire smoking air fryer on air fryer or barbecue over medium high heat.
- Place the Ramiro peppers in a small oven safe tray and drizzle over some oil and seasoning. Place in the air fryer at 200˚C and roast for 12-15 minutes until softened. alternatively, cover with foil and place over indirect heat on the barbecue or in the oven for 25 minutes at 180˚C. remove from the heat and set aside.
- Next, In a bowl, combine the mayonnaise with one tbsp of Gochujang paste. Check the seasoning and spiciness and add more if desired. Keep aside until needed.
- Then, set the air fryer woodfire on grill with the smoker ignited. Wait until the smoker is ready and add the burgers. Cook for 6-8 minutes until nearly cooked then Using a pastry brush, brush with some gochujang paste. Add the cheese slices and cook for a further minute or two until lightly charred and the cheese starts to melt.
- Alternatively, place on the barbecue and grill for 8-10 minutes Over indirect heat or medium/low heat until cooked through.
- In the meantime, warm the burger buns. When warmed, remove from the barbecue and place on a serving platter. Build the burgers by adding some gochujang mayonnaise, salad leaves tomatoes and onion salad. Top with the glazed cheesy burger, patty, and cover with the top of the burger bun.
- Serve and enjoy immediately.