French Toast Hot cross buns
- 2 Eggs
- 200 ml Milk
- 50 g Caster Sugar
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 4 Hot Cross Buns Halved
- 50 g Butter
- 200 g strawberries sliced
- Icing Sugar To Serve
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla extract.
- Heat a non-stick pan over a low to medium heat and melt half of the butter.
- Dip half of the hot cross bun slices in the egg mixture and coat on both sides.
- Shake any excess and place in the pan. Cook for about 60-80 seconds on each side until browned.
- Remove onto a baking tray and keep warm in the oven. Continue with the remaining butter and hot cross bun slices.
- Serve immediately while warm with berries and dusting of icing sugar.