French Scone Tart
- 180 g butter soften at room temperature
- 125 g caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 250 g plain flour
- 5 g baking powder
- 1 orange zest, optional (or vanilla extract, lemon, clementine ...)
- 1 egg wash using the egg yolk from the egg white!, mixed with 1 tbsp of milk
- 100 ml whipped cream
- Preheat the oven to 160˚C. lightly grease a 10inch removable bottom tart tin
- Mix butter and caster sugar in a bowl until light and fluffy. and flavour with orange zest.
- Stir in the eggs and egg whites.
- Then, Add the plain flour and baking powder.
- Combine thoroughly.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes in the oven.
- Remove and leave to cool for 10 minutes before serving with some whipped cream.