Purely indulgent and worth the wait.
- 500 g strong flour
- 65 g caster sugar
- 10 g salt
- 4 eggs
- 7 g dried yeast
- 155 ml warm water
- 125 g soft butter
- Mix together the yeast and the warm water to active the yeast. Make sure its well combined and set aside.
- Place your flour, sugar, salt and butter and mix together until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add your eggs one at a time while continuing to mix.
- Add your yeasted water a little at a time until fully incorporated.
- Continue to mix for around 6 minutes. This will increase the structure of the gluten and ensure you have light fluffy doughnuts.
- Cover the bowl and leave in a warm space for 2 – 3 hours until the mixture has doubled in size.
- Portion your doughnuts into 50g balls and roll them.
- Place rolled doughnuts onto a floured tray and leave to prove again for around an hour or until doubled in size again.
- Fry at 190 degrees, ensuring you turn each doughnut after 3 minutes.
- Dust in cinnamon sugar or regular caster sugar.
- Leave to cool then fill with jam or cream.