Creamy Sauteed Clams And Autumn Vegetables
- 900 g clams
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 1 tbsp. parsley seeded or fresh leaves – chopped
- 200 g Cavolo Nero leaves chopped or other leaves such as kale or sweetheart cabbage
- 1 tsp seaweed seasoning or table salt
- 60 ml vermouth or white wine
- 250 ml cream
- 1 pinch black Pepper
- Heat a wide saucepan over medium/high heat and add some oil.
- Cook the onion and garlic for 45-60 seconds then add the clams. Cook for a further 2 minutes then add the cabbage and seasoning.
- Sauté for 30 seconds then add the vermouth. Cook for a further minute then add the cream.
- Cover with a lid and simmer over high heat for 2 minutes or until the clams are fully opened.
- Remove from the heat. Check the seasoning and serve immediately.
use mussels as the same recipe if prefered.