Creamy Mushroom soup
- 100 g butter diced
- 2 onions finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 2 sprigs sage
- 500 g mushrooms chopped
- 100 ml white wine
- 400 ml chicken stock warmed
- 200 ml cream
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- toasted bread to serve
- In a saucepan, over high heat, melt the half butter and add the onions, garlic, thyme, sage and mushrooms and cook for 5-8 minutes until coloured.
- Keep some mushroom on the side for garnish.
- Add the wine to the pan and allow to evaporate for 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock and cream and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 5-8 minutes without lid until the vegetables are fully cooked.
- Remove from the heat and blend using a hand blender until very smooth, adding the rest of the butter.
- Check the seasoning.
- Serve and garnish with toasted bread.