This is yet another delicious commodity that I like to have on standby for cold meat and cheese. Also it is delicious to serve as a topping to a homemade burgers or with chicken liver pate.
- 8 ripe plum tomatoes -chopped roughly
- 1 large cooking apple -diced
- 50 g sultanas
- 50 g cranberries
- 1 large onion -chopped roughly
- 1 tsp paprika or cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp Pinch salt
- 150 g brown sugar
- 175 ml white wine vinegar
- All the ingredients are to be placed in a large saucepan.
- Bring slowly to the boil and then reduce to a very gentle simmer for 1 hour or until all the tomatoes are soft and the liquid has partly evaporated off. Remove from the heat and place in a sterilised jar. Once opened store in the fridge.