Cheesy Chive Mashed Potato Gratin
This is a gratin made for lovers of mash potatoes ! it is a simple way to give mash potato a twist.
- 2 tbsp crème fraiche
- 75 g butter melted
- 1 Egg
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 150 g cheddar grated ( 100g +50g)
- 400 g mash potato
- 2 tbsp chives chopped
- 50 g panko breadcrumbs
- 3 tbsp parmesan grated
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C.
- In a large bowl, combine the crème fraiche, most of the butter, egg, garlic, onions, the grated cheese and the chives. Stir in the mash potatoes. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the mixture in a gratin dish.
- In a second bowl, combine the breadcrumb, the rest of the chive and the leftover of grated parmesan. Season well.
- Sprinkle the mixture over the mash potato gratin. Add a few extra dots of fresh butter if desired.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes until piping hot and golden brown on the top.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately.