Cauliflower & blue Cheese Soup
This is a classic combination of flavours. This is quite a filling soup recipe so a little goes a long way. For a varied flavour why not try adding in a little curry powder when cooking the soup for a mild curried alternative or go bolder and add some strong cheddar cheese.
- 50 g butter
- 1 large onion chopped roughly
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 large head cauliflower chopped
- 750 ml vegetable stock
- 200 ml cream
- 75 g Cashel blue cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan and add in the chopped onion and garlic.
- Sweat the vegetables off for approximately 2 minutes over a gentle heat until they are softened down. Add in the cauliflower pieces, and continue to cook a further moment or two. Season the mixture lightly at this stage.
- Now pour in the warm chicken stock and the cream and allow the entire mixture to come to the boil. Reduce the heat to a gentle simmer and cook for 10-15 minutes until the vegetables have softened.
- Remove from the heat, stir in half of the cheese and blend the soup with a hand blender adding additional stock if you desire. Correct the seasoning of the soup and reheat it gently.
- Serve the soup garnished with some additional crumble of cheese on top.