Camembert and Bacon Tart
The ultimate addition is cooked sliced potato!
- 1 sheet shortcrust pastry
- 70 g streaky bacon cubed
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 1 camembert sliced
- 2 eggs
- 200 ml crème fraiche
- Salt and pepper
- Cranberry sauce to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C.
- In a sauté pan, over high heat, sauté the bacon with the onions and garlic for 3-4 minutes until coloured and cooked through. Remove from the heat.
- Line an 8inch tart or quiche shell.
- Spoon the onion and bacon mixture on the base of the pastry.
- Line the slices of camembert over.
- In a bowl, beat the creme fraiche with the eggs and season with salt and pepper. Drizzle the mixture over the cheese.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes or until the pastry is cooked through and the mixture is caramelised.
- Remove from the oven, set aside to cool for 20 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature with some salad.