Brussels sprouts with Caramelised Chorizo
- 500 g fresh brussels sprouts trimmed and halved
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 100 g chorizo sausage diced into 2 cm chunks
- 2 shallots chopped
- 50 g day-old sourdough bread cut into 2cm pieces
- 80 g butter diced
- 50 g dried cranberries
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp Rivesci .ie cashew Chilli crush
- Bring a large pan of salted water to a boil. Add the Brussels sprouts and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, Heat the olive oil and butter in a pan over a medium heat. Add the chorizo and shallots and cook shaking the pan frequently to colour and caramelise the chorizo. Season with salt and pepper. Add the bread croutons now and continue cooking for 1 minutes until the crouton absorb some of the cooking juices.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer Brussels sprouts to the wok and fry for 1 more minute. Season with salt and pepper. Toss the brussels sprouts until coated with the butter.
- Transfer the Brussels sprouts to a platter and serve immediately.