Boiled New Potatoes with pesto butter
- 600 g new potatoes
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tbsp red pesto we used SuperValu home brand
- 50 g Butter
- 2 new onions green sliced ( you can use the onion too thinly sliced.)
- In a wide saucepan, place the new potatoes over a single layer to avoid each of the potatoes crushing into each other when boiling. Fill the saucepan with cold salted water and a sprig of rosemary if using.
- Over medium heat, Bring to boil and simmer for 15-25 minutes depending on the size of the potatoes. Use a small knife to check if they are cook. They should pierce easily and the skin will have opened slightly. Remove from the heat and carefully drain in a colander.
- In the meantime, in a bowl, combine the butter, pesto and green onion.
- Add the butter over the potatoes and serve immediately .