Baked left over pasta gratin
- 300 g leftover pasta check out the recipe from previous post creamy bacon and red pesto pasta
- 25 g butter
- ½ onions finely chopped
- 25 g flour or gluten free flour
- 500 ml milk
- 75 g cheese grated
- salt and pepper
- preheat the oven to 200˚C.
- in a saucepan, over medium heat, melt the butter with the onions for 2 minutes. Stir in the flour and cook for 30 second to create a roux. Slowly pour in the milk until the mixture bubble and simmer.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the cheese. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Add the leftover pasta to the saucepan and stir in the bechamel mixture.
- Transfer into a gratin dish and place in the oven.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until piping hot and caramelised.
- Serve immediately.