3 Cheeses Roasted Meatball Tartines
This fake away is perfect for tasty Friday night. A delicious way to serve meatballs!.
- 24 meatballs
- 2 Garlic Cloves crushed
- 1 onions sliced
- 1 carrot chopped
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 800 g Sundried Tomato Sauce we used 2x SuperValu Signature Taste chilli and Sundried tomatoes sauce
- 100 ml Chicken Stock
- 6 thick sourdough slices or batch loaf
- 2 baby Gem lettuce
- 200 g ricotta
- 200 g grated cheddar or other such as mozzarella mix
- 70 g grated parmesan
- Salt & Pepper
- Heat a sauté pan, over a medium heat, drizzle a little olive oil.
- Cook the meatballs and colour on all sides for 3-4 minutes, add the onion, carrot, garlic. Continue to cook for a further minute or so.
- Add the tomato sauce, and chicken stock or water and simmer with a lid for 10 -15 minutes until the meat balls are fully cooked.
- In the meantime, preheat the oven to 220˚C.
- Place the sourdough slices on a baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with half of the parmesan.
- Transfer in the oven for 3-4 minutes to warm up and start crisp up. Remove from the oven.
- In a small bowl, combine the ricotta, mozzarella, cheddar and parmesan. Season with salt and pepper.
- Once the meatballs are cooked, divide the meatballs and sauce on the bread slices. Dot with cheese mixture. Place the tray back in the oven for 5 minutes to allow the cheese to melt and colour.
- Remove from the oven, add a few salad leaves, and serve immediately.