Quesadillas are perfect to use next day roast chicken leftover! Tomato pesto is one of my favourite at the moment but you can use some mayonnaise or some cream cheese / quark instead combined with a spoon of fresh basil pesto !
- 1 red pepper diced
- 1 tomato sliced
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 8 soft flour tortillas
- 4 tbsp tomato pesto
- 100 g grated cheddar
- 50 g Salad leaves
- 200 g roast chicken sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Lay each flour tortilla out on the work surface and spread some tomato pesto onto each tortilla base.
- Divide the cheese, chicken, red pepper, tomato onion and herbs. Add top with more cheese. Top with one more tortilla and gently transfer onto a pan over low heat.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes and flip. Repeat for each tortilla.
- Cut in half and enjoy hot or cold!