Irish Yogurts Clonakilty Prawns and Red pesto Risotto
Irish Yogurts Clonakilty Kefir Yogurt is a healthy twist on a delicious dish. the thickness and velvety texture of the yogurt with the natural tangy flavour of the yogurt make a wonderful recipe to enjoy for valentine!
- 150 g Arborio risotto rice
- 1 shallots finely diced
- 2 cloves of garli diced
- 100 ml white wine
- 600 ml boiling chicken/ vegetable stock approx..
- 6 wild Atlantic prawns tails ready to cook
- 1 tbsp red pesto
- 4 scallions chopped
- 75 g Parmesan freshly grated + extra to serve
- 4 tbsp Irish Yogurt Clonakilty Kefir 0% Yogurt
- 40 g salad leaves to serve
- Salt and pepper
- Choose a wide saucepan with a thick base.
- On a low heat slowly melt the butter and add the chopped shallots, and garlic and the mushrooms, and cook very gently until completely softened.
- Stir in the Arborio rice.
- Mix well in to ensure that it does not stick to the base of the pan.
- Allow the rice to become glazed and cook without any liquid for 1-2 minutes whilst continuing to stir at all times.
- Next add in the white wine and again, do continue to stir the rice because the wine will evaporate off quite quickly.
- Add some simmering chicken or vegetable stock into the rice (maintain a low / medium heat at all times).
- Add the stock little by little and never adding the next ladle until the previous one has evaporated. It is vitally important not to rush this process but continue to add all of the liquid or until the rice is plump and tender about 15-18 minutes.
- Once nearly cooked, add in the prawns and red pesto and scallions into the risotto and let the prawns cook in with the rice for a further 2 minutes or so.
- Season well. Remove from the heat, stir in some Irish Yogurts Clonakilty Kefir yogurt and more parmesan if needed.
- Check the seasoning for flavours and serve immediately with additional Parmesan cheese and some salad leaves on the side.