Cheesy Potato Croquette
You can roast the croquette in the oven for 20 minutes at 200˚C or Place the croquettes for a later date in a freezer bag and freeze for up to 2 months!
- 500 g rooster potatoes cut into chunks
- 25 g butter melted
- 1 egg yolk
- 50 g mature cheddar grated
- 80 g plain flour 30+50g
- 2 eggs beaten
- 80 g panko breadcrumbs
- olive oil for cooking
- salt and pepper
- In a saucepan, place the potatoes and fill with cold water. Simmer the potatoes until tender. Remove from the heat and mash well. Place in a bowl and set aside to cool.
- Next, Beat the mash potatoes mixture with the egg yolks, 40g flour and the cheese. Season well to taste. Cover and leave until firm and cool enough to handle.
- Shape the mixture into 12 croquettes and place in the fridge to set for 30 minutes if possible.
- In three separate bowls, place the flour, beat the eggs and place the panko breadcrumbs in the last bowl.
- Dip each croquette in the flour, pat off any excess, then coat in the egg before dipping in the breadcrumbs.
- Place on a tray lined with parchment paper and a coating of breadcrumb. Set in the fridge until required.
- Preheat enough oil in a shallow pan, over medium/low heat. Place the croquette in the pan and cook for 2-4 minutes until coloured well all around.
- Remove from the pan and place on kitchen paper to absorb excess oil. Season well and serve immediately.
use a Airfryer for this recipe, place in the preheated airfryer to 180˚C for 8-10 minutes !