Potato and Spinach Omelette
This is a my prefect go to quick and cheap dinner made for any day of the week.
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 potatoes peeled, thinly sliced
- 2 onions thinly sliced
- 6 eggs
- 2 handfuls spinach
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- prepare the omelette. Heat two tbsps of oil in a large non-stick frying pan and over medium heat, add the potatoes, onions and cook covered with a lid, tossing every now and then for 5 – 10 minutes. Season generously.
- Next, crack the eggs into a large bowl, add a good pinch of seasoning, then whisk lightly with a fork. When the onion and potato mixture is cooked, add the spinach and pour in the beaten eggs.
- Tip in the potato and egg mixture, pressing it down gently. Cook for about five minutes until there is virtually no raw egg mixture left, pushing down the sides with a spatula for a curved edge. Invert on to a flat plate and slide back into the pan. Cook for another 5 minutes until just cooked through but still very moist in the centre.
- To serve, turn the omelette onto a chopping board and cut into wedges. Place a wedge on each serving plate and serve with salad leaves.